Wednesday, August 29, 2012

1 Minute Flaxseed Muffin (Whole 30 Day 29)

WHOA. Today is my second to last day???? I honestly can't believe it. Remember how whiney and annoying I was around Day 13? I honestly didn't think I would last and here I am! I can say it has gotten easier. When approached with sweets, gluten, alcohol, etc. it really has become second nature to just say no without even thinking about it! Sure I still miss certain things and I will have them again someday but I think from now on before I eat I am going to ask myself, "Is this really worth it?" If it is then go for it! But if it isn't, just say no! OK well I will touch more on that tomorrow in my recap (crazy!).

Today for breakfast since I am still stove-less and couldn't make eggs I decided to try out a recipe I had seen on Preppy Paleo for a Paleo "muffin" that could be made in the microwave. Simple enough!

This is my version I made and I really liked the way it came out! It was a great texture and the flax kept me full for hours! Definitely will be trying this again and adding new flavors!

One Minute Flaxseed Muffins
adapted from Preppy Paleo 

3 tbsp. ground flax
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg
1 tsp melted coconut oil
Add Ins of choice:
1/2 mashed banana, drop of vanilla extract, 1 tbsp. unsweetened coconut, 1 tbsp. Almond Butter.

Mix all together in a microwave safe mug and cook for about 60-90 seconds. Pop the muffin out and enjoy!



Meal 1:
Flaxseed muffin

Meal 2:
Turkey, fruit, kombucha, and trail mix.
I am kind of obsessed with this combination lately.


Meal 3:
Bacon, chicken sausage, a few handfuls of banana chips.

Wednesdays at my box always include lots of lifting and tonight wasn't any different!

WOD:
40 deadlifts
30 hang squat cleans
20 shoulder to overhead

It started easy with the deadlifts but DEFINITELY got harder about halfway through the cleans. My arms are going to be dead.

Well I am off to start packing because the day after tomorrow I leave for FLORIDA! Yes, I planned my Whole30 perfectly so that the day it ends I will be going on a 5 day vacation. I am so excited to catch up with friends and family, go to a football game and R-E-L-A-X before the next 3 months of craziness at work. I counted today that I am currently working on 15 events at once that will all occur in the next few months. Yikes.


1 comment:

  1. congrats!!!

    have a great time in Florida! Sounds like you deserve a relaxing little vacation. what football game are you going to?

    ReplyDelete