Saturday, August 4, 2012

Paleo Pancake (Whole 30 Day 4)

Meal 1:
2 slices of leftover frittata with 3 pieces bacon

Meal 2:
Coconut cream larabar, synergy kombucha

Meal 3:
3- ingredient "pancake"

Snacks:
None! Apparently lazy days don't require as much food.

Since today was my only day off I did two of my absolute favorite things. Sleeping in and grocery shopping duh. I frequent the grocery store more than any normal person should. It's not my fault I like variety. 

Today was a treat because I went to WHOLE FOODS! These trips are limited to once a month. My bank account thanks me. Check out all the yummy goodies though!

Coconut Butter, Apple Cider Vinegar, Kombucha, Fresh onions, avocados, and asparagus, Raw Coconut Flakes, Larabars, and Chicken Sausage


Seriously y'all if you haven't tried Kombucha you are MISSING OUT. This completely natural, fizzy drink is the perfect alternative to sweet sodas plus it tastes DELICIOUS. Oh and I should probably warn you there is trace amounts of alcohol in it because of fermentation, so don't be alarmed if you get carded. I maybe definitely have experienced a Kombucha buzz before. It happens. 

                                     

And for the highlight of the day... PANCAKES! For dinner. Obviously.

I snagged this recipe from the fabulous Carrots n' Cakes and from the minute I read it I knew it would be a hit. Check it out!

3- Ingredient Breakfast Dinner Pancake
1 egg
1 banana (the riper the better)
A scoop of your favorite nut butter (Almond for me!)

Mash all the ingredients together. Coat a stove top skillet with a little coconut oil and pour "batter" onto the skillet. Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes. Top with a little coconut butter, fresh fruit, cinnamon, more almond butter or anything else you desire! Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Those pancakes sound amazing and so simple!!! I just started Whole30-- today is Day 3 for me, and reading through your blog is really helping me with ideas. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pancakes I make are similar; 1 banana, 2 eggs, dash of cinnamon & 1 tsp vanilla extract. I get about 6 or so thin, pancakes . How many does your recipe make?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I make one big pancake with this recipe :)

      Delete
  3. But ufortunately you are not allowed to eat pancakes of any kind, when doing a whole30!

    ReplyDelete