Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes (Whole 30 Day 18)

Event day #2 in a row! I am not built for 8 hours of outdoor labor. It has been ridiculously hot outside lately for summer ending! I know I should be used to 90+ degrees seeing as I lived in Florida 95% of my life but I have become spoiled and I miss my 60 degree San Diego weather! I have been surviving by making all the smoothies I can.

Meal 1:
Green Smoothie
5 frozen Strawberries
1/2 frozen Banana
1 T Flax
1-2 cups Spinach
1 T Almond butter
1 cup Coconut water
Ice

Scrambled eggs

Meal 2:
Pulled pork, 2 hot dogs, larabar

Meal 3:
I took the 3-Ingredient Pancake recipe and added a little Fall twist!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancake
1 egg
1 mashed banana
1 spoonful Almond Butter
1 spoonful 100% pure pumpkin
Dash of cinnamon
2 pieces 76% Cacoa Dark Chocolate

Mash this all together. Cook in a little coconut oil and serve with a little more AB and cinnamon! My pancake ended up more of a bowl of cooked batter but delicious all the same! Now if only the weather would start acting like Fall...

No comments:

Post a Comment