Friday, August 3, 2012

Frittata Frittata Frittata

Isn't that fun to say? Try it.

I was right, wasn't I?

Now let's get coking! Everyone loves breakfast for dinner and this was super easy to make! l I had some leftover beef from last night that I threw in with spinach and onions (sautéed in coconut oil), threw in 9 (yes, NINE) eggs along with salt, pepper, and my new favorite seasoning paprika! Cook all of this on the skillet about 2 minutes, stick it in the oven and voila! Dinner (er breakfast?) is served!




Meat & Veggie Frittata
9 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
2-3 cups chopped veggies (I used spinach and onions)
About 1 cup protein (I used beef)
1-2 tbsp coconut oil (or other fat)

Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix together eggs and seasonings. In skillet sauté veggies and meat in your oil. Add eggs and cook for about 2 minutes, let sit for 30 seconds to solidify bottom (your mixture should still be runny). Place in the oven for about 10-15 minutes until brown on top. Take out and let cool and serve! 

Such a great protein packed meal and now I have leftovers for tomorrow! 

Recipe adapted from "It Starts With Food"

No comments:

Post a Comment