Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summer Salad (Whole 30 day 16)

Grocery shopping days are always my favorite and I had some great finds today at Trader Joe's!

New Seasonings (the grinders are my fav. so cute!)


I tried this pre-Whole30 and was OBSESSED. It is 100% natural but I couldn't think of anything to eat it with besides gfree tortilla chips until I had a brilliant lightbulb moment. CHICKEN & SALAD! Luckily I already had chicken in the fridge waiting to be used and my new seasonings! So first I grilled my chicken sprinkled with a little sea salt & lemon pepper...

Burn baby burn. 



Tossed it all onto some spinach with a few toasted pine nuts and VOILA! It was SO GOOD! Such a great refreshing summer salad. Can't wait to make it again!!

If you are eating dairy I suggest the following recipe from Trader Joe's; This was how I first tasted the salsa and fell in love!

Papaya Mango Chicken Salad
Papaya Mango Salsa
Canned Chicken
Sour Cream (could substitute greek yogurt!)

Mix all together for a "chicken salad" to top on some crackers, pita or just to eat plain!


Day 16 Recap:

Meal 1:
Scrambled eggs and bacon


Meal 2:
Spaghetti squash and meatballs

Meal 3:
Spinach salad topped with toasted pine nuts, lemon pepper grilled chicken and papaya mango salsa

Snacks:
Apple with coconut cashew butter

Not eaten yet but I may be indulging a little tonight...




And YES this is Whole30 Approved! Must be 70% or more cacao and make sure you check it doesn't contain soy lecithin!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great. If you're hunting more chocolate Lindt has no Soy Lectin and goes all the way to 90%. It's my go to.

    TheRangerSteve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been looking for more, EVERYTHING has soy in it!

      Delete