Thursday, August 2, 2012

An Egg and Avocado Love Child

My world has been changed. Although I have known the magnificence of eggs and avocado for quite some time, it has now been taken to another level.

I present the Baked Eggvocado.

Is it as delicious as it looks? Without a doubt. Bonus is that this is super easy to make! Grab an avocado, a couple eggs, throw it in the oven and BAM breakfast (or lunch, or dinner..perhaps a snack..) is served!

Baked Eggvocado
2 eggs
1 medium avocado
salt & pepper

Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Halve your avocado, throw away the seed, and scoop out a small portion of each center so that the hole is a pretty good size (of course you must eat any avocado that is scooped out, no use wasting such a valuable resource). Take a small pan covered in foil and place each half on it, face up. Crack your eggs, one each into your avocado. Don't worry about the egg whites falling out a bit (the foil will help), if you would like more of your egg to make it in then buy a bigger avocado!

Season with salt, pepper, and any other seasonings (thinking garlic next...) Place in the oven for 20-30 minutes depending on how baked you would like your eggs. I kept mine in for 28 minutes and my eggs were thoroughly baked, I will probably cut that time to 20 minutes hoping for a runnier egg (my fav).

Take out of the oven, grab a spoon and dig in!!

I ate them just like that but the possibilites are endless! Top with pico de gallo? Guacamole? Bacon bits?

Consider your world changed.

Recipe taken from The Kitchen Is My Playground
blog title credit goes to @lattmavan :)

1 comment: